Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Is our water safe to drink?
A parent of a former employee was there and stated that her son quit CSD after being told to cut the amount of chlorine that was supposed to be added to the lake water so it is safe to drink. She said he quit because of it.
There were only about 20 people at the meeting tonight and there will be many more needed to recall the four board members who voted a pay raise when the CSD is close to running in the red.
How many will it take to recall all five of them if they are cutting corners and risking the health and well-being of our kids and family?
I don't care about the nonsense of who gets elected, whose feelings are going to be hurt, who is the most popular. I haven't lived here when we've had five sane people on either the HOA or the CSD board and I don't care about the political BS.
But I care if they're messing with the water!!!! And I plan on doing something about it.
I hope you will join me!
Sorry blogger friends- no pretty pics this post. This is too important not to write about!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Love those bare feet!
Kody Boatright, ladies and gentleman!
Hey Blogger Friends! Sorry I was gone so long. Summer was SO busy! Took a short trip with my son to Seattle and had a great time! Been busy with work- not all good unfortunately but that's why they call it work, right? If it was fun, it would be called somethiing else.
Just stole these pics off Jeremiah and Lori's Facebook and I have to share!
This is my Grandson Kody. Isn't he quite the Dapper Man? And already playing Chopin!
I'll post some of my Seattle pics on Friday. Got some great SkyWatch and Watery Wednesday pics.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
This first photo was taken last week. Our weather in the Sierra foothill area stays pretty much the same all summer: hot and dry with clear blue skies. Pretty boring for SkyWatch. But if I turn around 180 degrees, the Sierra mountain tops are busy fending off thunderheads like the one I captured here. This is looking east over Lake McClure and towards Hornitos which very few people may know is the birthplace of Ghirardelli Chocolate.
A favorite photo for a special friend . . .
This lovely church, Big D, is St. Catherine's Catholic Church in Hornitos, California. Hornitos was a thriving Hispanic village and gold rush town of 15,000 people in the 1860s. It was also the hangout of desperados including Joaquin Murieta. Now the town is barely awake with only a handful of homes, a few businesses and a post office. These days, most residents are four-legged and munch on the lush, green grass that grows profusely each spring. The area surrounding it is mostly large cattle ranches backing up to Lake McClure. This was taken in late winter, right before the trees sprouted and I thought it looked haunting in Sepia. I have more photos from sleepy Hornitos but I'll save them for another time. Enjoy your Friday!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
This is Lake Don Pedro! I have been wanting to post this photo for awhile and now is the perfect time. This was taken on Mother's Day 2007. This is my brother Scott's boat and my son Raymond on the tow line. My mom Suzanne, my ex-husband and myself were on our pontoon boat meandering around while Scott, his wife Jodie and my sister Denise were speeding around on his new boat. Raymond was the first on the tube that morning. A few minutes after this photo was taken Scott hit a submerged sand bar/ rock and high centered the boat. It took a tow barge with a crane to lift him off of it several hours later and then they towed him back to the ramp. Scott was very upset that the lake was so darn mean to him that day!!! Did I mention that when the barge came around his boat to get close enough to lift him off the sand bar/ rock the barge captain hit the side of Scott's boat and put a huge hole in the side? It was just not Scott's day!
So this Mother's Day we all decided to stay off the water!
Here's hoping you have a great Mother's Day!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
This occured a few days ago when we got some unexpected rain. The winds kicked up and the temp dropped. There was even snow in the mtns. The weathermen were stunned. They said it was "lake effect weather" from Lake Tahoe (approx. 60 miles north of us) and something never seen before in our area. It was interesting to watch the rain start to come down like this.
Friday, April 10, 2009
He was a man and He was God.
He came to earth poor and grew up simple.
He knew what He had to do and He knew what was to come.
He gave His all for me and you and did so without a qualm.
He prayed in a garden before being betrayed.
He asked His Father to take it all away.
Then He lifted His eyes to heaven and softly said,
"Your will not mine be done."
They brutalized Him and humiliated Him.
Throughout His death walk they taunted Him.
When they raised the cross upon which He was nailed,
He said, "Father forgive them, they know not what they do."
For three days He was dead
For three days He carried my sins
For three days all who loved Him wept and tore
For three days all thought Love was gone for sure.
Then there appeared, an angel of God, with good news!
He is here! He is alive! He is not dead!
My Jesus, you came and died for me.
My Jesus you are all to me!
My Jesus is Alive! He is Alive! Alive!
I hope you know the Living God. If not, every church in America is ready to welcome you in this Easter Sunday. I pray you find one so that you too can know my Jesus! My Savior! The one true Living God!
He is Alive!
Friday, April 3, 2009
We are what we have experienced in life. Our memories, our parent's influence, our community's influence, the schools we went to and the teachers we had. All of that is what makes us what we are today. Is what we learned growing up right? Is it wrong? Is some of it true? Most of it?
What I know to be true and right is the bible. According to 2 Timothy 3:15 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, ..." That means God breathed every word, every command, every instruction and He did it for us. And He meant it for training.
So next time you hear a young mother say, "I wish there was a manual for raising children!" Be sure to tell her that there is. Or when a married couple is having difficulties, tell them there is a place to go for good marital advice. When you are depressed, stressed, feeling unloved, and more there is a place to go to for instruction, comfort and peace.
He has given us everything we need. Go to Him.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Jeremiah took Raymond and I along the banks of the Canadian River to catfish. First we had to catch our bait so JB showed Ray how to throw the bait net. Then they baited up a couple of poles and tossed them out. It was a windy day so there weren't many bites but Jeremiah did catch one nice cat that he cooked up for us for dinner. Wow! That was some good stuff!
Funny thing is I didn't have a livense and he wanted me to fish but I said, no better not. He said "No one ever comes out here!" When we were done and leaving, we walked over the bank to his truck and here down the little dirt road rolls a Fish and Game Ranger. He stopped and asked us some questions, like were you all fishing? I said no and Raymond said yes and to that he replied, "I know. I've been watching you." Whew! I don't know what the fine is in OK for fishing without a license but in Calif. it's pretty steep and I'm really glad I didn't have to add that to my travel costs! We had a great time and I'm looking forward to getting back out there to visit them again and do the Okie things like go to "The Walmart" and fish for cats.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
We said goodbye to Jack on Saturday. He went to his new home and hopefully he will start his training and get the attention that he deserves. We will miss him.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
San Franicisco looking East toward Oakland. The tall building on the left is the Hyatt Union Square and the green Nike sign in the forefront faces Union Square.
Sunrise in San Francisco. Absolutely Beautiful!
It's Friday!!! And that means another SkyWatch! This is the view from the window of my room at The Drake Hotel in San Francisco. I was so blessed to get away for a few days after Christmas, although it seems like forever ago now! Did a lot of tourist stuff but my fave was the just being on the streets of San Francisco (hmmm??? sounds familiar. heheheh) at night with everyone else. There were full bands playing on the street corners and a puppet show/ balloon maker handing out balloons at 10 PM! It is crazy and I loved every minute of it! What I think is so great is that I can feed my horses on my rural hill in the morning when it's perfectly quiet except for the howl of coyotes and the cry of a hawk, then jump in my car and at lunchtime be standing on the corner of Market and Broadway in SF with hundreds of people, cars, buses, cable cars, taxis, restaurants, theatres, and all that makes SF so great! It's a grat place to visit. (Glad I don't live there!)
Another fave was finally getting to the Ferry Building. If you love to cook- you have to go there!!! It is like a Foodie's Disneyland! Hope you enjoy- to see more SkyWatch Friday from around the globe, click here.
Street band at Union Square. The guy in front is the bass player/ PR guy. He was trying to get the girls to dance with him.
Puppeteer / Balloon Maker. shes making Elmo Balloons! See the little kids in the chairs in front? It was 10 PM! At that age my kids were in bed!!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
My Wonderful Friend Wanda gave me a fun assignment! I am to name 10 of my favorite things that start with the letter "H." She knows I adore horses so that's why she assigned me the "H." She is sooo sweet!
So here we go, ten of my absolute favorite things that start with "H":
1. Holy Ghost- He is part of the Trinity of God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Lord God is my Creator and Redeemer. He can be yours too.
2. Harry- He was my wonderful Grandfather whom I loved dearly. He has been gone over 20 years now but I can close my eyes and see him in his favorite spot: sitting in his rocker on the kitchen porch. Its a late summer day and the wind is just barely whispering through the leaves on the trees in the backyard and Gramps is listening his favorite baseball team losing the big game on the radio. I was blessed to be able to live with my Gram and Gramps for a short time- one of the best times I can remember. Gramps loved the Lord and I know when it's my turn to die I will be reunited with Him in heaven. You can be reunited with your loved ones in heaven too.
3. The other Harry- my son Raymond Harry. My husband and I named our son after our Grandfathers. His was Ray and mine was Harry. If you say it a bunch of times it actually starts to sound good together. Raymond Harry, Raymond Harry, Raymond Harry...
He's a great kid and one of the reason's I breathe.
4. Horses- I bet you thought this would be first! I do adore horses. All of them. I've been horse-crazy since I was old enough to crawl under the neighbor's sour old gelding and had everyone jumping around trying to figure out how to get me out of there without the horse stomping me. I got my first horse when I was 12. His name was Spooky and he taught me how to ride. He was an ancient paint pony with one bad eye that was so very patient with someone who didn't know a bridle from a crupper. I've had a lot of great horses over the years and now I am blessed with my little Gift From God, Dani and her mommy Sandy.
5. Herd Dogs- I love my dogs Max and Ariel (aka The Evil Twins). They are herding dogs, part Aussie and part Border Collie. My good friend Billie at Galaxy Farms raises and trains herd dogs and will help me with mine when the time comes to start them on sheep.
6. Harmony- As in music. I love music. I especially love praise and worship music and contemporary Christian music. My favorite group is Mercy Me. They have some awesome harmonies and every song they do is better than the last! I go to a church where the music just rocks! It's great! I am not a singer so really appreciate a good harmony.
7. Handbags- I LOVE purses! I don't have the money to collect them but I have a few that are very dear to me. I especially love western style purses!
8. Handicapping- I used to go to the horse races a lot when I lived in the bay area. I think they are closing or have recently closed Bay Meadows but it was a nice track to watch the horses race on. I had the opportunity to go to Santa Anita once with the Atascadero Wranglerettes. That was really fun! We stayed up all night in a bus driving to L.A. to go to the track and to Magic Mountain. Thanks to a great family friend Shirley! That may have started my love for horseracing. I also love to read about horse racing. My good friend Kay got me started on Dick Francis books years ago and I love the way he writes. I'm not a huge mystery fan but mysteries around a horsetrack! Yeah!
9. Hope- My hope is in the Lord. He has blessed me and Raymond so much in the last year that I am continually praising Him for all that He has done and continues to do. I have the hope that He will provide for us and meet all our needs as He has already done. I have the hope that He will bless my boys and their families as they grow in Him. I have the hope that He will provide a good Christian man for me when He knows the time is right. I have the Hope that I will be with Him in eternity. You can have this hope too.
10. Happy-ness! Don't we all just want to be happy???!!! I spelled it that way because I loved that movie with Will Smith. I am happy even though I am going through what no woman wants to go through, all the emotions and frustration and despair. I turn it into Happy-ness thanks to God who when I allow Him to take it off my shoulders, He bears it all on His. You can give your troubles to Him too and be Happy and full of Happy-ness!
Email me and I'll tell you how easy it is to have Jesus as your Savior and Redeemer, how you can find hope and happy-ness in times of despair and how you can be reunited with loved ones in heaven.