My Wonderful Friend Wanda gave me a fun assignment! I am to name 10 of my favorite things that start with the letter "H." She knows I adore horses so that's why she assigned me the "H." She is sooo sweet!
So here we go, ten of my absolute favorite things that start with "H":
1. Holy Ghost- He is part of the Trinity of God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Lord God is my Creator and Redeemer. He can be yours too.
2. Harry- He was my wonderful Grandfather whom I loved dearly. He has been gone over 20 years now but I can close my eyes and see him in his favorite spot: sitting in his rocker on the kitchen porch. Its a late summer day and the wind is just barely whispering through the leaves on the trees in the backyard and Gramps is listening his favorite baseball team losing the big game on the radio. I was blessed to be able to live with my Gram and Gramps for a short time- one of the best times I can remember. Gramps loved the Lord and I know when it's my turn to die I will be reunited with Him in heaven. You can be reunited with your loved ones in heaven too.
3. The other Harry- my son Raymond Harry. My husband and I named our son after our Grandfathers. His was Ray and mine was Harry. If you say it a bunch of times it actually starts to sound good together. Raymond Harry, Raymond Harry, Raymond Harry...
He's a great kid and one of the reason's I breathe.
4. Horses- I bet you thought this would be first! I do adore horses. All of them. I've been horse-crazy since I was old enough to crawl under the neighbor's sour old gelding and had everyone jumping around trying to figure out how to get me out of there without the horse stomping me. I got my first horse when I was 12. His name was Spooky and he taught me how to ride. He was an ancient paint pony with one bad eye that was so very patient with someone who didn't know a bridle from a crupper. I've had a lot of great horses over the years and now I am blessed with my little Gift From God, Dani and her mommy Sandy.
5. Herd Dogs- I love my dogs Max and Ariel (aka The Evil Twins). They are herding dogs, part Aussie and part Border Collie. My good friend Billie at Galaxy Farms raises and trains herd dogs and will help me with mine when the time comes to start them on sheep.
6. Harmony- As in music. I love music. I especially love praise and worship music and contemporary Christian music. My favorite group is Mercy Me. They have some awesome harmonies and every song they do is better than the last! I go to a church where the music just rocks! It's great! I am not a singer so really appreciate a good harmony.
7. Handbags- I LOVE purses! I don't have the money to collect them but I have a few that are very dear to me. I especially love western style purses!
8. Handicapping- I used to go to the horse races a lot when I lived in the bay area. I think they are closing or have recently closed Bay Meadows but it was a nice track to watch the horses race on. I had the opportunity to go to Santa Anita once with the Atascadero Wranglerettes. That was really fun! We stayed up all night in a bus driving to L.A. to go to the track and to Magic Mountain. Thanks to a great family friend Shirley! That may have started my love for horseracing. I also love to read about horse racing. My good friend Kay got me started on Dick Francis books years ago and I love the way he writes. I'm not a huge mystery fan but mysteries around a horsetrack! Yeah!
9. Hope- My hope is in the Lord. He has blessed me and Raymond so much in the last year that I am continually praising Him for all that He has done and continues to do. I have the hope that He will provide for us and meet all our needs as He has already done. I have the hope that He will bless my boys and their families as they grow in Him. I have the hope that He will provide a good Christian man for me when He knows the time is right. I have the Hope that I will be with Him in eternity. You can have this hope too.
10. Happy-ness! Don't we all just want to be happy???!!! I spelled it that way because I loved that movie with Will Smith. I am happy even though I am going through what no woman wants to go through, all the emotions and frustration and despair. I turn it into Happy-ness thanks to God who when I allow Him to take it off my shoulders, He bears it all on His. You can give your troubles to Him too and be Happy and full of Happy-ness!
Email me and I'll tell you how easy it is to have Jesus as your Savior and Redeemer, how you can find hope and happy-ness in times of despair and how you can be reunited with loved ones in heaven.